A good school record with preferably a technical background but not essential.
A minimum of three Standard Grades (now National 5) passes preferably including Mathematics, English and/or Physics plus Technical subjects would be an advantage.
The Modern Apprenticeship consists of a period of Off-the-Job training, Core Skills, to SCQF Level 5, Work Based training and further education. On successful completion candidates are awarded a Certificate of Modern Apprenticeship.
“I have gained experiance at Angus Training Group and it has prepared me for work with my employer” – Kevin
“ATG arranged an interview with Halliburton’s who offered me an apprenticeship” – Lloyd
- Fill in Angus Training Group application form (pdf available here)
- Applications are accepted from January until the end of April
- Remember to send a “letter of intent” and Core Skills achieved or studying for that year
- Research Engineering online
- Find out more about various types of jobs
- Think about which area you might want to work in engineering
- Talk to Careers, Parents, Relatives & Employers
- Check for Employer adverts
- Angus Training Group receives your application
- Short Test: (approx 1 hour duration)
- Test evaluated
- If you’re successful, return for an interview & your details are held in a pool for employers to view
- Employer sets up interviews
- Employer makes selection
- Offer of Employment by Employer
- Start at Angus Training Group in August that year